Colorado Gives Day!
We have some good news! For the first time ever, the Friends of the Pine River Library has qualified to take part in SW Colorado Gives Day. This is a great opportunity for us to receive donations and gain visibility. We've chosen to fund a new outreach program for seniors called The Road to Reading; learn more about it below. Want to get involved? Support the new program by visiting SW Colorado Gives and "give where you live!"
Friends meetings give us an opportunity to see friends, make new friends, share news, review accomplishments, and plan new events and activities.
- 10am – 12pm
- 3rd Thursday of each month (except Nov., Dec., June and July)
- Community Room
- Membership forms are available at the Pine River Library, Circulation Desk.
- $10 per year for an Individual Membership
- $20 per year for a Family Membership
- President, Susan Miller
- Vice President, Judy Gotthelf
- Secretary, Barb Knehans
- Treasurer, Susan Brightman
The purpose of the organization shall be to maintain an association of persons interested in libraries; to focus public attention on the library’s resources and services; to receive and encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the library; to support and cooperate with the library in developing library service and facilities for the community; and to support the freedom to read as expressed in the American Library Association Bill of Rights.
Over the years, we’ve accomplished a great deal, including:
- Community Bookshelf and Teen of the Month programs,
- Scholarships and Fundraising,
- Events like the Zucchini Festival, summer Block Parties, Plant Exchange, Book Sales and the wildly popular Holiday Craft Fair (to name a few).
Your donation to the Friends of the Pine River Library will support and enhance the Library’s programs and services, efforts of our hardworking library staff, and build awareness in our community.