- President, Susan Brightman
- Secretary, Barb Knehans
- Treasurer, Dave Green
Friends meetings give us an opportunity to see friends, make new friends, share news, review accomplishments, and plan new events and activities. Plus a light lunch will be included!
Quarterly meetings are held in August, November, February, and May in the Library Community Room.
Check the library’s event calendar or call the library at 970.884.2222 ext. 1 for details.
The purpose of the organization shall be to maintain an association of persons interested in libraries; to focus public attention on the library’s resources and services; to receive and encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the library; to support and cooperate with the library in developing library service and facilities for the community; and to support the freedom to read as expressed in the American Library Association Bill of Rights.
Over the years, we’ve accomplished a great deal, including Community Bookshelves, scholarships and fundraising, events like the Zucchini Festival, Bayfield Block Parties, Book Sales, and more!
Your donation to the Friends of the Pine River Library will support and enhance the Library’s programs and services and the efforts of our hardworking library staff, while also building awareness and promoting literacy in our community.
2023 CO Gives Day Fundraiser : “Learn Over Lunch”
- Your donation to the Friends of the Pine River Library this Colorado Gives Day will help fund “Learn Over Lunch,” a new program series of interesting and educational lunchtime speakers for Seniors that includes a free meal.
- These programs will provide opportunities for connection, learning, and a good meal together. Donations will fund food and speaker/material costs.
Donate on CO Gives Day or any time starting November 1st!
- IN PERSON: Stop by the library and staff will help you make your online donation.
- ONLINE: Visit the Colorado Gives website.
- CHECK: Make checks payable to “Friends of the Pine River Library” with “Learn over Lunch” in the memo line. Mail to: Pine River Library, P.O. Box 227, Bayfield, CO 81122
Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library
Do you have a child under 5? Did you know they can get a free book every month? All you have to do is sign them up at www. imaginationlibrary.com or stop by the library to pick up a paper registration form. The Friends of the Pine River Library have partnered with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library to send a free book to each child under 5 in Bayfield, Gem Village, and Vallecito every month. Once they’re signed up the book will come directly to their home until they reach the age of five and graduate out of the program. The cost is absolutely free!