The Library may proctor exams subject to availability of authorized staff.
Exam Proctoring Guidelines
- All exams to be proctored must be scheduled in advance. We do not offer walk-in proctoring of exams.
- It is the student’s responsibility to arrange for the exam to be delivered to the library and to verify that it has arrived.
- Exams will only be proctored during regular library hours.
- Library staff is only able to proctor exams for which they are qualified, according to the guidelines set by the testing institution. Proctoring is not available for exams that require a specialized degree. Library staff will notify the student in advance if they are unqualified to proctor an exam.
- Prior to taking the exam, the student will be required to present a photo ID. Staff may take a photocopy of the ID if required by institution.
- Exams will be administered by available, authorized staff at the circulation desk. Staff members cannot proctor exams that require constant monitoring, but may check on the student periodically. Students are on the honor system.
- The Pine River Library does not guarantee that testing software will be compatible with library computers. It is the student’s responsibility to determine if any specialized hardware/software may be required for the exam. The library will make every effort to install the necessary software if given adequate notice (the library will not purchase software for this purpose).
- If taking an online exam, the student will be given the use of a library computer for the entire time stipulated for the exam.
- The student is responsible for any charges incurred in administering the exam and/or returning the exam to the institution (the Pine River Library does not charge to proctor exams).
- The Pine River Library will retain paper exams for 30 days from the date of receipt. If the test is not taken by that time it will be shredded.