Reservations for our Community Rooms can be made in advance by filling out the online form on the website or asking a staff member to assist you.
Community Room Policy
The Pine River Library District is a governmental entity and as such, all activities conducted in the Community Rooms shall be done in accordance with all applicable laws and shall be conducted on an equal opportunity basis.
1. The Library Community Rooms are available free of charge to community groups and organizations for public meetings, workshops, seminars and programs. For a fee the rooms are also available for private purposes. The Community Rooms are not available to conduct commercial sales. (The library director must grant specific permission for any group wanting to charge a fee for entry, supplies, services or fundraising.) Library-sponsored classes and/or functions will have first priority for meeting room use. Donations to offset the cost of furniture, equipment and operations are greatly appreciated.
2. The group must complete the Community Room Agreement Form. The individual who signs the form is responsible for any damages, cleaning or re-keying should keys be lost.
3. Use of the Community Room may be scheduled up to three months in advance. A group which regularly uses a space should not assume that that space will be automatically reserved for them. If you need to schedule out further than three months, please contact Darcy at x522.
4. All public meetings must be open to the public and posted as such. This is the responsibility of the group using the Community Room. For private, fee-based programs, this is not necessary.
5. No fees may be charged, dues collected, nor items or services offered for sale. The Library Director reserves the right to make an exception, e.g. an author presenting on a new book.
6. Neither the name nor the address of the library may be used as the official address or headquarters of any organization other than the Library. The Library phone number may not be given for contact information.
7. The library is not responsible for any equipment, supplies, materials, clothing or other items brought into the library or community rooms by individuals sponsoring or attending the meeting.
8. No tobacco, alcohol or unattended children are permitted. (See Child Safety Policy.)
9. Refreshments are allowed in the Community Rooms. A charge will be incurred for soiling the carpeting.
10. Only library markers are allowed on the white boards. If the white boards are damaged, the individual who signed the contract will be charged.
11. The Community Room should be left as found – in a neat and orderly condition and all overflow trash should be taken to the garbage shed at the west end of the parking lot.
12. Groups must call the library (970) 884-2222 x 10 if the group needs to cancel.
13. Failure to follow library policy and procedure will result in revocation of Community Room privileges.
14. Granting of permission to use library facilities does not constitute an endorsement by the Library Staff or Board of Trustees of the user or the user’s beliefs.
15. Groups may NOT reserve more than a total of 12 meetings in one calendar year.
*Please include the following statement on any/all promotional materials, including, but not limited to signs/posters, flyers/mailings, press releases, online promotions, etc:
[Event] is funded and presented by [organization/individual] and is not sponsored by Pine River Library. For more information, please contact [insert your contact name & phone number; do NOT include library contact information without prior consent from the manager of the library where your meeting will be held].
Community Room Procedures
1. Groups must fill out the online form. Staff members will assist with this if needed.
2. Please confirm by checking the appropriate box that you have read the Community Room Policy.
3. If the group indicates they have technology needs, the IT Specialist will make contact prior to the meeting.
4. Groups need to sign in and out at the Information Desk.
5. Groups are responsible for set-up and take-down.
6. Please leave the Community Room as you find it – neat and orderly – and take out all overflow trash to the garbage shed at the west end of the parking lot.
Costs for Private Use*:
Community Rooms A & B:$40/ hour
Community Room A or Community Room B: $20/hour
Community Room Kitchen: $20 flat fee. The kitchen fee allows groups to use the fridge, sink, and dishwasher. All food must be prepared off site.
Click here to access online Community Room reservation form.
There is not a fee for Study Room usage. These rooms are strictly for non-profit, government or community use. Private parties are not allowed to rent these spaces. Sign up for these rooms at the Information Pod.
*Payment must be paid to the Library by cash or check within 10 days of the reservation date. A refund will be made within 10 days of a written cancellation notice. For more information, please contact the Programming Librarian at (970) 884-2222, ext.522 or email@example.com.